Peter Read Miller (Sports Illustrated): ‘Huub'sphotography is outstanding but in some cases he focuses more on the action then on emotion. This would be a learning point for him.' The moment I read Peter's portfolio review and took a closer look at my photos I knew what he meant. Since that moment I focussed more and more on the moment and the emotion.
Jeff Cable, American Olympic photographer: Huub's photos are excellent in my opinion. He has great control of his camera and a keen eye for composition. He creates some amazing and excellent work and should be really proud of what he achieved. :)
Miriam Moonen, HR Director Mosa: I got to know Huub as a person who is very motivated and involved in his activities, open for new developments and eager to learn. He takes on new challenges in- and outside of his career. He is flexible in thinking and wants to deliver high quality work. He has a positive look on the world and is interested in the people around him. I liked to work and interact with Huub very much.
Paul Beelen, Communication Manager DSM: I have had the pleasure to work with Huub at DSM. Huub is a very skilled, professional digital media specialist. Huub is not the ‘average ICT guy’, as he is very good in combining IT knowledge and expertise (hard skills) with consultancy and personal coaching expertise (soft skills). Amongst other projects, one of the activities he has managed very well is the transition of the several departmental intranet sites to the cloud environment. To me this was a complex change management journey, rather than a pure technical implementation. Furthermore, what I appreciate about Huub is his strong focus on the wellbeing of his direct colleagues.
Marco Kooman, Program Director: Huub has been working in my team to support the DSM-organization with the usage of Microsoft SharePoint. His primary responsibility was to advise and train customers on information management and content management. Huub has proven to be a committed and enthusiastic consultant with the customer's interest in the top of his mind. He's very communicative and willing to go the extra mile.
Jury DSM Part of the Art Award: The jury praises Huub Keulers for his fine eye with which he creates powerful images. Pictures that tell a story. The jury loves the intensity and power he puts in his images.
Publications & Interviews:
- Co-author 'Handbook Sports photography' by Pieter Dhaeze and Pim Ras.
- Topsport Limburg: Pictures Dutch National Handball team.
- Maastricht Sport: Ironman pictures.
- Dutch Athletics Asc: Pictures Dutch Athletics Championships.
- Social Media and LinkedIn profile pictures for Athletes.
- De Gooi en Eemlander: GAC Athlete Cas Lutz at NK.
- Website NS: Picture Teylers museum Haarlem.
- Eoszine.nl, Photofacts.nl and Cameron.nl: Photography educational articles
- ChromaLuxe Europe website: Gallery profile
- Turkish Embassy The Hague Haag: pictures 400 year diplomatic relationship between the Netherlands en Turkey.
- Van Wijnen Bouw BV: Publication in company magazines for building projects like the Trencadis office in Venlo.
- Bonnefanten Museum Maastricht: Interior pictures for website.
- Interview about Street Photography at Dutch radio station.
- News paper article about Street Photography in news paper 'De Limburger'.
- 2x Bronze medal in the category 'Sports' organised by the Dutch Photograph Society, 2017
- Best sports picture at the Dutch Athletics Championships organised by Dutch Athletics Asc., 2017
- Runner up 'World Press Photo' 2015
- Second place photo competition ‘Light‘ organized by 'Limburgs Landschap'. (1.200 participants), 2015
- Finalist ‘Shoot the Face‘. International Portrait Award, 2015
- Finalist NRC Dagblad photo competition 'Street photography', 2015
- Swansea International Photo Salon. FIAP Blue Ribbon Mention d’honneur and FIAP Judges Certificat, 2015
- Publication in Panobook 2011 en 2014. International competition Panorama photographers.
- Second place photo competition 'van Buuren Media'. (2.500 participants), 2009
- Winner 'DSM Part of the Art Award', 2008
- Best picture Fotobond Limburg in categorie 'Documentair' 2005 and 2006.
Work(ed) together with:
- Atletiekunie (Dutch Athletics Asc.)
- Daily news paper De Limburger
- Topsport Limburg
- Orange Pictures
- Puur-ID, Communication buro
- R2M, Live Communication
- Marathon Meerssen
- Maastricht Sport
- Eoszine Canon
- 1 Meerssen